Maine Sea Salt
Slack Tide Sea Salt Mini Jar
- 1.8oz jar of Maine Sea Salt
- The Slack Tide Sea Salt Mini Jars are available in 5 Flavors (listed below):
- Maine Flake – Crisp and clean hand harvested finishing salt. Made in small batches from the deep ocean waters of Maine. Solar evaporated in green houses on York’s tidal river. Take a pinch and sprinkle over any dish, sweet or savory before serving to add wonderful flavor and texture. We use the freshest clearest ocean waters when pulling our water for sea salt. The water is boat harvested at an incoming tide. We don’t add any chemicals, bleach, or anti caking agents to our salt so you’re getting 100% pure sea salt from the crisp Maine ocean.
- 207 Blend – A nod to the working waterfront and the deep pine woods of Maine, this clean and zesty lemon rosemary salt will brighten up all your seafood, poultry, and vegetables. We blend our pure Maine sea salt with organic premium lemon, rosemary, celery seeds, and other herbs and spices to make this versatile blend. This salt is also wonderful to mix with olive oil for a delicious bread dip!
- Upta Camp – Applewood smoked hand harvested sea salt, made in small batches from the deep ocean waters of Maine. This salt is a perfect way to bring the smell and flavor of summers by the fire into your kitchen all year long. We go out to sea to get our pristine salt water. It is then solar evaporated in green houses on York’s tidal river. The salt is then gently smoked with apple wood from trees on our salt farm. We don’t add any chemicals, bleach, or anti caking agents to our salt so you’re getting 100% pure sea salt from the crisp Maine ocean.
- Bold Coast – Our homage to a gorgeous and rugged part of Maine: the Bold Coast, where the pine trees meet the crashing Atlantic ocean. Ideal for rimming the glass of a bloody Mary but also fantastic on chicken, fish, potatoes, or even a sprinkle on an oyster. A mixture of flaky lemon sea salt, dill, black pepper, Maine sugar kelp, celery seed, mustard, and garlic.
- Fisherman’s Blend -Bright and zesty lemon dill sea salt blend, made in collaboration with the Maine Coast Fishermen’s Association. Fresh dill and lemon zest make this the perfect salt for seafood. Great to top halibut, salmon, and lobster rolls. Also delicious on chicken, asparagus, and roasted potatoes.
Try one (or all) of Slack Tide’s delicious Sea Salt blends, available in mini, 1.8oz jars – perfect for spicing up your home cooked meals, or gifting to the food-lover in your life!
A Pinch of Maine
Hand harvested sea salt made in small batches from the deep ocean waters of Maine, and solar evaporated along York’s tidal river.
Born from Sea Water
Just before high slack tide we gather the clearest, freshest water you can find off the coast of Maine. When our boats are full we bring the ocean water to our greenhouses.
Once the seawater reaches the perfect salinity via solar evaporation, it is then heated at a precise temperature to make our flake sea salt. After the flake is fully dry, we hand fill and label every jar.
Inspired by the Ocean
Inspired by a life long love of the ocean. Each flavor of salt we make tells a different story about a little piece of Maine and what we love so much about our state.
Slack Tide Maine is headed up by Aunt and Niece team Cathy and Lauren along with childhood friend Sarah. We are a woman owned and operated small batch sea salt company in southern Maine.
When the seas are calm and the tide is high, you can find Lauren, Cathy, and Sarah out on the ocean with their families harvesting water and cherishing family time together.