This World War II Pen is made by American Heritage Pens, a Maine based business crafting pens from small pieces of historic wood. They are honored to be the exclusive pen maker for the USS Constitution Museum. Over the years repairs have been made to America’s Ship of State the “USS Constitution”. The museum has provided wood removed during those repairs to be used by American Heritage. No one else has that honor. This is one of many histories available. Each refillable pen includes a history card which explains the importance of the wood used.
The handcrafted World War II pen was created to commemorate and remember World War II. The teak was removed during the restoration of the Battleship North Carolina. Embedded in the cap is a piece of German bunker which overlooked Omaha Beach. The Battleship North Carolina participated in every major naval offensive in the Pacific area of operation, earning more battle stars than any other battleship in the U.S. Navy. The German bunker WN74 had a clear view of the landing of Omaha Beach on D-Day June 6, 1944. On June 7th, the bunker was captured by elements of the 116th Infantry Regiment and parts of the 2nd and 5th Ranger Battalions.
This pen honors the sacrifices made by so many.